Birthday Gift - Ardunio

  After a long period of indecision, I finally decided to buy the Arduino. I gave it to myself as a birthday gift. Even before receiving the actual board I had installed the IDE on my laptop. I am running Xubuntu Karmic on my laptop. Just for the reference I had to install the following packages :
avr-libc binutils-avr gcc-avr sun-java6-jre

  I had to try the blink LED ( hello world for Arduino ) and I did not need anything else other than a USB cable ( which I had from a old camera ). I just plugged the Arduino to the laptop, verified , uploaded the example blink program / sketch and the LED started blinking. :)

  I used to open everything in my house but I was not able go beyond a point. I don't have any formal education in electronics, just a half-mad mind ( saw Alice in Wonderlan, yesterday ). I have got broken sony cyber shot cameras, 2 dead mobile phones and some more electronics junk. I will do something with them. Lets see ...

Comments

Popular Posts